Saturday, February 4, 2012

Common Redpoll in San Diego County (of all places)

Zsezse San Diego Megyeben 

 At 11:55 a.m. today, I was baking chicken for my kids while doing the dishes.  Little did I suspect that 3 hours later I would be in Julian, a quaint tourist trap in the mountains of rural San Diego County, staring at a Common Redpoll.
Ez igen!
     Then the phone rang.  After my friend told me about the Redpoll being found at the parking lot bird feeders of a bird feeder store in downtown Julian I yelled at my kids, "ROAD TRIP!!!"
Ennye, ennye, Zsezse.  Neked a Hortobágyon kellene lenned!

      The usual crowd of birders were standing the The Birdwatcher's parking lot when we pulled to a stop, and parked.
     After admiring the bird for an hour, I went inside their shop, and bought some gifts for a couple of friends who are birders.  My way of expressing my appreciation.Wow, I didn't expect to get a life bird this weekend.  Certainly not a Redpoll this far south.
    

No comments: