Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Warm Winter's Day

Wow, what a day. Stopped at Hansen Dam on the way to work, and literally the first bird I saw was the Pine Warbler. 

Last two times I stopped & looked for this bird, I spun my wheels to no avail.  Now I know the secret: get there at 08:00 a.m.
Then Joe called, and told me that he's only just leaving Baldwin Park, now.  Oh, man!  We're never gonna start work, at this rate.  This is terrible! I'm stuck in Sylmar, with nothing to do for another hour, while waiting for Joe to show up.  Oh, wait: let me run over to Veteran's Park and try again for the Red-naped Sapsucker.
So, of course, I re-found this bird that hangs out on the frisbee golf course: I realize the photo quality is horrible, but would like comments on Yellow-bellied vs Red-naped Sapsucker.

No comments: